7.5.10

Crayon Tote Bag

I jumped on the crayon tote band wagon!

Like everyone else, I have been seeing these adorable little bags everywhere and I decided my cutie patootie, little 3 year old niece JUST HAD TO HAVE ONE, TOO! Every little girl needs a crayon tote, right?

I dug some fabric out of my stash, hauled out my sewing macine and went to town. I typically don't follow patterns too closely and this was no exception. My basic measurements (before sewing) were 12" x 11" for the bag. I sewed a line every 3/4" for the crayon "pockets". As for the pretty little posey, I used this super easy pattern. Seriously, sewing on the button was the hardest part of the flower. I'm racking my brain trying to come up with other places to put some of these. I just love them!
http://kindawonderful.typepad.com/pink_paper_peppermints/2008/06/rounded-petal-fabric-flowers-31-crafty-flowers-in-31-days--day-23.html
The bag holds a 24 pack of crayons and a few standard size coloring books. The crayons fit snug, too! I was a little worried that they would fall out of their little slots. You can actually flip this little bugger upside down and the crayons stay put, definately a bonus the little ladies mommy will love.
Can't wait to give this to the little princess. She'll be coming for a visit in a few weeks...SO EXCITED! I offered to make my own daughters their very own crayon bags and they turned me down. Teenagers don't want crayon totes??? Who knew?

1 comment: